Become an MCERC Gold Member Sponsor! You’ll receive some amazing perks such as MCERC swag, downloadable humpback whale songs, and free advertising on this very page. For more information, please contact email@example.com .
Thank you to our ongoing supporters!
One-time donations available via PayPal.
Become our patron via Patreon.
VARYING TIERSCOMING SOON! Monthly tiers varying from $1 – $40, with corresponding thank you gifts.
Here's what MCERC needs.
The Marine and Coastal Ecology Research Center (MCERC) is a non-profit (501c3) organization dedicated to supporting healthy and sustainable marine and coastal ecosystems through interactive research and education programs. We were founded in 2012 by Dr. Mithriel MacKay, who was driven to create experiential field programs, as well as distance learning programs, that were both informative AND affordable.
Types of courses we offer via our Education Hub:
- Single day (eco kayaking course to learn about local ecological diversity)
- Weekend (drone academy, naturalist patch courses, wildlife photography)
- Week long programs:
- Wildlife for Junior Ecologists, Grades 7-12
- Marine Biodiversity Series (Massachusetts, Florida, Canada, Puerto Rico, Turks & Caicos, etc.)
- Wildlife ecology course series (Florida)
- Global Ecology Marine Series (Florida, Australia, Turks & Caicos)
- Humpback whale field intensive program (Puerto Rico and Turks & Caicos)
- Professional Enrichment (Protected Species Observer training, Acoustics in Marine & Coastal Environments)
- AND MORE!!!!
Why us? How are we different?
At MCERC, there are several important elements that drive our mission:
- Believing that everyone should be able to experience and contribute to science in the field and be a part of our conservation efforts (students and citizens of all ages).
- Understanding that college and graduate students desperately need field courses and research assistantships that teach them invaluable field skills, and that these experiences should be affordable. It’s hard enough as it is being a college student!
- Recognizing how important it is to participate in outreach events for our local community, as well as with our online community.
- Funding for field science and education programs are a constant challenge for the MCERC team. Our staff and board of directors all volunteer their time, because they believe in our mission.
- For our patrons and donors to understand that 100% of all donations go directly towards funding field experiences and courses. Research assistantships are covered by program fees.