The Marine and Coastal Ecology Research Center (MCERC) is a non-profit (501c3) organization dedicated to supporting healthy and sustainable marine and coastal ecosystems through interactive research and education programs. We were founded in 2012 by Dr. Mithriel MacKay, who was driven to create experiential field programs, as well as distance learning programs, that were both informative AND affordable.
Types of courses we offer via our Education Hub:
- Single day (eco kayaking course to learn about local ecological diversity)
- Weekend (drone academy, naturalist patch courses, wildlife photography)
- Week long programs:
- Wildlife for Junior Ecologists, Grades 7-12
- Marine Biodiversity Series (Massachusetts, Florida, Canada, Puerto Rico, Turks & Caicos, etc.)
- Wildlife ecology course series (Florida)
- Global Ecology Marine Series (Florida, Australia, Turks & Caicos)
- Humpback whale field intensive program (Puerto Rico and Turks & Caicos)
- Professional Enrichment (Protected Species Observer training, Acoustics in Marine & Coastal Environments)
- AND MORE!!!!