Thank you to everyone that participated in the 2020 fundraiser!
Thank you to all of our wonderful supporters out there! 100% of proceeds from fundraisers and sticker sales go directly towards:
- MCERC Scholarship programs that help make internships and training affordable for marine science students, such as:
- The Bernd and Melany Würsig Excellence in Marine Studies Scholarship
- The Adrian Dahood-Fritz Memorial Scholarship
- Humpback Whale Behavioral Ecology Research currently taking place in Puerto Rico and the Turks & Caicos
- The MCERC Manatee Citizen Science Project
- Administrative and minor fees related to organizing outreach events, such as coastal cleanups and local marine science and environmental events throughout Florida (such as EcoFest in Tampa, or the St. Pete Science Festival)
- Securing a physical lab location in the Tampa Bay area, complete with intern housing, and a public display of our immense marine science collection and specimens (everything from shells and sand samples, to scientific texts, posters, skeletons, etc. from all over the world)!