Puerto Rico is part of the USA. Citizens of the USA do not need a passport but will be required to have a government issued photo ID of some sort (driver’s license, for example) for air travel. Students arriving from other countries may need a visa for the internship lasting Jan-May if the internship extends past a specific number of days. MCERC is not aware of any students in need of a visa for the one week “shorty” programs. Please contact the US consulate for specific details and requirements regarding visas.