The Marine and Coastal Ecology Research Center (MCERC) is offering a distance learning course aimed at helping undergraduates and recent graduates of marine biology and marine science programs preparing to apply for internships, employment, or graduate school.
This program has been developed in response to many of our marine biology students requesting a day of their field intensive courses be dedicated to creating effective communication via CVs, letter of interest, and email correspondence to potential employers and future graduate advisers.
Please share the information below with your students or peers.
CV Preparation for Marine Biologists
Geared towards undergraduates and recent graduates of marine biology/marine science
- A distance learning program : participate in a live classroom from your location
- Prerequisites include a working computer with MS Word and reliable internet access
- 8 hours of instruction: one 4 hour block each week for two weeks
- Classes limited to 10 students per session
- Preparation of an effective curriculum vitae and letter of interest
- Tips on how to introduce and market yourself through email to perspective employers and potential graduate advisors
Session 1: (2 Saturdays) April 26 and May 03, 2014 8:00am -12:00pm CST
Session 2: (2 Saturdays) April 26 and May 03, 2014 1:00pm -5:00pm CST
Session 3: (2 Sundays) April 27 and May 04, 2014 8:00am -12:00pm CST
Session 4: (2 Sundays) April 27 and May 04, 2014 1:00pm -5:00pm CST
Session 5: (2 Wednesdays) April 30 and May 07, 2014 6:00pm -10:00pm CST
Program fee: $100.00USD (MCERC program alumni receive a 10% discount!)
Please email Lindsey@Marine-Eco.org, Mithriel@Marine-Eco.org, with questions or visit our website www.Marine-Eco.org for more information, Simple Application Form, a poster to share with your students, and a course description.
Your participation supports research and education programs at MCERC including the Humpback Whale PhD Dissertation research project.